Do you know the cost of being trained as an actor in a good institute in India?
In Mumbai top schools like Barry John Acting Studio and Whistling Woods charge
This is a hell of a cost!!
I have learnt over a period a secret to learn acting on camera, with directors and on an actual set free of cost!
This is how you can do it:
Secret No 1
Get the entire training material online visiting free acting site (Like this blog of mine) and practice religiously alone in front of a full size mirror or with your friends. Unfortunately, there are no well known online free courses in India except mine. However, I will strongly recommend this International site for online learning:
Secret No 2
When you are a bit more confident, create your resume and a picture portfolio. It is better to create a video, writing few good lines and asking some friend of yours to shoot video with a good camera or on a good mobile. Transfer it to a computer.
Secret No 3
In Mumbai, go to:
- ZIMA (ZEE INSTITUTE OF MEDIA AND ARTS, Lokhandwala circle, Andheri West)
- DIGITAL ACADEMY (Near Hotel Tunga Paradise, MIDC,. Andheri East)
And do what?
- Find out where the classes for students undertaking courses in Direction or Filmmaking are being held.
- Wait for students to come out. Meet them (Preferably before the end of their course).
- Introduce yourself and give your resume and pictures.
- The students of these courses will be making a film to be eligible to get a diploma or certificate. It is mandatory! These future directors usually do not prefer student actors from their institute due to either poor quality or due to some other problem.
- They look desperately for aspiring actors outside of their own institute, as they can't pay well.
- Hang around their classes and meet them. Tell them about yourself
And You Got a Job, buddy!When they make films, everybody, i.e. Director, cinematographer, including yo
If you need further help, contact me.