On an average, I get 60 to100 queries or a desperate request a month for a help to fulfill their dream to be an actor, with the following points in common
-I'm good looking and know Hindi
-I'm 16 years old and want to be an actor
-I want to be like Salman Khan or Karina Kapoor Khan
-My friends tell me I look like the hero / heroine. I want to work in Bollywood
-I get more than 300 likes on Facebook whenever I post my photograph, so I want to be a heroine in Bollywood / TV Serials. Please help
-I want to be an actor, but my parents don't agree. What should I do?
-I belong to middle class/ from a poor family and I can't stay in Mumbai, but I want to be an actor. Help me
-I am 16 years old pretty girl and want to be an actress and want to be very rich. Help me
-I want to be a Bollywood actor and marry Sonakshi Sinha. Tell me how can I
2. FREE AWARD WINNING RESOURCE
This blog which you are reading now, for aspiring actors is a "TREASUE HOUSE" of information, knowledge and the finest source of learning the acting craft.
Ramayana and Bhagavad Gita
Qur'an - القرآن الكريم
- Read every page of this blog very carefully. There are more than 150 posts.
- Read the home page and everything on the sidebars.
Some of my other answers
- Good looking and having command of Hindi alone doesn't make you an actor.
- There are thousands of such great looking young men and girls who want to be an actor and are roaming on Mumbai roads without any break in films or serials.
- How it is possible to be an actor when you are minor (Below 18 years) and your parents are not giving you permission?
- As per the survey by the actors' association, only 8% of struggling aspiring actors get a break in films, among 5,000 people arriving in Mumbai in a month with their dreams to become an actor. Many go back to their towns totally broken, some take up small jobs, some commit suicide and some become alcoholic or drug-addicts. Some of the girls fall victim to the casting couch or fall into the sex racket
1. Sift to Mumbai, permanently.
2. Create financial resources to support you to live in Mumbai for 5 years (Minimum period). On a conservative estimate, you may require a minimum of 2.5 to 3 Lakhs per year based on if you go for paying guest or sharing accommodation.
3. There may be an additional cost of training, portfolio, monologues, show reel, website, registration with coordinators plus transportation.
4. If you can get professional trained by a good school or a professional acting coach. The fees of a good school could be from 2 Lakhs to 9 Lakhs. A private coach would be cheaper and can give you undivided attention for your development.
For All Dreamers Whether in Mumbai or Living Elsewhere
- Check requirements and how to meet them to be a Bollywood Actor:
- Finally read my following posts which will open your eyes: