|Bollywood actress Bipasa Basu-a fitness freak!|
Not everyone can afford to join a gym or afford to purchase multiple machines in a home gym or 100 kg of dumbbells! Many of you can’t invest thousands of Rupees to build their body’
So how do you get in a good workout without the fancy equipment?
Here is good news! You can get in a great workout right in the comfort of your own home by using your body weight or with affordable few light dumbbells.
Here are my workout plan which is almost FREE and if you follow seriously with a daily schedule of about 1 to 2 hours either in the early morning or in the evening whether you are staying alone or in sharing place with 3 or 4 partners
Great Home Work Outs
1. Lie on the floor face down and place your hands about 36 inches apart while holding your torso up at arm’s length.
2. Next, lower yourself downward until your chest almost touches the floor as you inhale.
3. Now breathe out and press your upper body back up to the starting position while squeezing your chest.
4. After a brief pause at the top contracted position, you can begin to lower yourself downward again for as many repetitions as needed.
If you are new at this exercise and do not have the strength to perform it, you can either bend your legs at the knees to take off resistance or perform the exercise against the wall instead of the floor.
For the most advanced lifters, you can place your feet
1. Lie on the floor face down and body straight with your toes on the floor and the hands wider than shoulder width for a wide hand position and closer than shoulder width for a close hand position. Make sure you are holding your torso up at arm’s length.
2. Lower yourself until your chest almost touches the floor as you inhale.
3. Using your pectoral muscles, press your upper body back up to the starting position and squeeze your chest. Breathe out as you perform this step.
4. After a second pause at the contracted position, repeat the movement for the prescribed amount of repetitions.
1. If you are new at this exercise and do not have the strength to perform it, you can either bend your legs at the knees to take off resistance or perform the exercise against the wall instead of the floor.
2. For the most advanced lifters, you can place your feet on a high surface such as a bench in order to increase the resistance and to target the upper chest more.
BENCH LEG RAISING
1. Lie with your back flat on a bench and your legs extended in front of you off the end.
2. Place your hands either under your glutes (buttocks) with your palms down or by the sides holding onto the bench. This will be your starting position.
3. As you keep your legs extended, straight as possible with your knees slightly bent, but locked, raise your legs until they make a 90-degree angle with the floor. Exhale (breath out) as you perform this portion of the movement and hold the contraction at the top for a second.
4. Now, as you inhale (breath in), slowly lower your legs back down to the starting position.
You can also perform this exercise on the floor on top of an exercise mat. You can also add weight by holding a dumbbell in between your feet as you get more advanced.
FROG SIT UP
1. Lie with your back flat on the floor (or exercise mat) and your legs extended in front of you.
2. Now bend at the knees and place your outer thighs by the floor (or mat) as you make the soles of your feet touch each other.
3. Now try pushing both soles and bringing them up as near you as possible while you keep the outer thighs on the floor (or at least almost touching it). Tip: In this position your legs should create a diamond shape.
4. Now, cross your arms in front of you by touching the opposite shoulders. This will be your starting position.
5. As you exhale flatten your lower back to the floor while curling the torso upwards. Tip: This will be like performing the first 1/4 movement of a sit up. Hold at the top position for a second.
6. As you inhale, slowly lower back to the starting position.
7. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
1. To begin, lie down with your back pressed against the floor or on an exercise mat (optional). Your arms should be fully extended to the sides with your palms facing down. Note: The arms should be stationary the entire time.
2. With a slight bend at the knees, lift your legs up so that your heels are about 6 inches off the ground. This is the starting position.
3. Now lift your left leg up to about a 45 degree angle while your right leg is lowered until the heel is about 2-3 inches from the ground.
4. Switch movements by raising your right leg up and lowering your left leg. Remember to breathe while performing this exercise.
5. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
|Bollywood actor Farhan Akhtar skips for "Bhag Milkha Bhag"|
This is a great cardio exercise and involves a great combination of the mind and body working together. You definitely won't be thinking of the day's frustrations once you start skipping. Ensure that your rope stands suitable for your height; on the rope's center and bring up each side of your shoulders. The right size would be if the rope handles come up till your
Start with half skips and graduate to double skips. Your target should be to complete at least 500 revolutions in 5 minutes. This will prime you for a great workout.
A must read related
posts on building a HOT body and get selected in auditions
2. Physical Warm Ups
3. Tips on building great physique