|Reasons for failing in auditions|
No matter how badly you may want the part, sometimes it just isn't meant to be yours. Don't take it to heart because there are many reasons why it has gone to somebody else.
|You are late|
|Looking different than portfolio|
What Could be the Reasons?
1. You are totally different in looks than what your portfolio shows
2. You showed up late and pissed off the Casting Director
3. Your accents are not what’s required by the character in a script
4. Your physical profile like height, posture, body type (thin, normal, overweight, etc.) doesn’t meet the requirement
5. Perhaps you have not come to terms with your type. This means you do not know what type of roles will suit you in terms of your physical built up and looks
6. You chose the completely wrong monologue
7. You showed up a little too much in costumes (overdressing for a character)
8. You went too far and tried to please CD
9. You were over talkative
10. Except reading your lines, you didn’t talk at all. No courtesies extended
11. You over-acted in portraying the character
12. They needed an actor with special skills like martial arts or knowing horse riding
13. Maybe you asked for higher payment for the role
14. You were good, but at the end of the day, the other actor was just better suited for the role. Nothing personal.
Partly based on