|Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan. Who is more charismatic?|
What do you mean by an actor being "Charismatic"?Actors with a special power that makes them able to influence other people, attract their attention, admiration and thus become a successful actor
Here are 9 ways you can become a more charismatic actor and get success in film and TV industry.
1. Casting directors, directors, producers and artist-coordinators tend to consider actors they like. So behave in a way that makes you likable. Be polite and patient. Avoid being crude, rude, gruff, or impatient.
2. People are attracted to people who keep their word. That means when you make a promise to do exactly what you promised. Do it by the deadline, you promised - or sooner.
3. The cine industry trust actors who have their best interests at heart. You exhibit utmost devotion not only to do your best to portray a character, but is willing to do anything to make the project successful. You really are a sincere team worker rather than thinking only about self. So, get truly involved in a project, its problems, and people in the project with your mind and soul. If asked, give them advice that benefits them more than it benefits you.
4. People want to deal with actors who are professional. So first, you need to actually become an expert in your field through practice, research, continuous training, education, and study.
5. You as an actor is in show business. The industry people are attracted to actors who are physically attractive or at least not physically repulsive. So eat right. Exercise. Stay fit. Be well-groomed. Dress well. And pay attention to your personal hygiene.
6. People feel better with actors who are pleasant and "real." They would love to talk to those actors who smile. The best way to show that you're good and real is to be cordial, friendly, and genuinely interested in others. Instead of talking about yourself, ask about them. Ask about their business, the film project, their job, their industry, even their family and hobbies. People respond to people who listen and pay attention to what they are saying. Remember the old cliché: You have two ears and one mouth because you should listen twice as much as you talk.
7. The industry people feel comfortable with those who are like them. The trick here is to identify one thing you have in common with the other person. It could be hobby, movies and celebrities, share market, or anything else. Then, use that to cement a bond between you.
8. People are attracted to actors who are humble. The examples in cine industry are Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra to name a few of them. So don't boast about you, your qualities, money you make. They also prefer to deal with people who are flexible and accommodating, not rigid and difficult
9. People are impressed by people who seem busy. That's why you should never beg for a role
Which of these “people-pleasing” skills do you have already? Analyze, develop and practice. In case of any difficulty, ask your acting coach.
Based on an article written by Nikhat Shaikh, Client Coordinator at Lakme Lever