|Bollywood Improvisation in a given scene|
As an actor, you are always learning and growing and challenging yourself by trying different types of acting techniques. Today, however, I would like to focus on a very crucial tool for actors – and that is improvisation, or "
Though an "
Simple 6 rules of improvisation
- Quickly decide a story on a given subject with a beginning, middle and an end with interesting changes in the story
- Start and end a scene with purpose (objective)
- Listen to your co- actor, if present
- Say "Yes" to what your co-actor says and then add. Keep the discussion open and lively
- Don't ask closed questions like "what's the time?" After a reply, this could be a dead end to a scene
- Don't deny or say "No" to a statement
If you are wondering why I
is good for actors, here are 5 great reasons! mprovisation
1. Improvisation encourages you to take risks
What a fun! Once you practice taking risks in the safe space of an improvisation session, you will find yourself taking more risks in your auditions – and in your life!
Improvisation skills make us stronger, smarter and gives us the trust we need to realize our ideas are good ideas. Knowing we can use our improvisation skills anytime gives us the freedom to take chances. When we take risks that others are scared to take… that’s when an exciting performance occurs. We shine as actors and as humans when we step past our fears.
2. Improvisation builds terrific confidence
You likely know by now that first impressions are the most important. If you can walk in and out of a room confidently, you’re already on your way to success. By conquering our fears of jumping into the unknown — and literally creating entire stories out of nothing via "
3. Improvisation helps you sharpen your thinking, mental faculty fast
To say YES and be open
One of the key rules of "
There is no time to hide in improvisation or in an audition.
In order to move quickly on our feet, we must be open and ready to say yes to whatever is being called on us. Your scene partner says “So good to see you, my sister.” You must say YES — and become the sister in order to move the scene forward. If you said NO, the scene would stop right there. "
4. Improvisation helps you to make strong choices
Now, let’s talk about the “and” element of “Yes, and...!” So many young actors worry about being “right” for the part. So often they (and everyone else) spend most of their time trying to fit into a mold of what they think others want.
The reality is, people (and producers) often don’t know what they want!
They want you to show them what they want. "
5. Improvisation coaxes you to learn to relax instantly
Surprised? Yes, it can because you just can't improvise if you are tense, your quick thinking process will be paralyzed. So, you have no option but to learn instant relaxation techniques. (Contact us to learn)
Lastly, and most importantly, improvisation
Give yourself permission to be silly and have a blast! After all,
Remember- It's being increasingly required by auditions for Bollywood films and also demanded by directors while rehearsals and enacting scenes
Or Join us and learn