What Special Skills Should Every Aspiring Actor Have?
Aspiring actors should also be able to easily portray a character’s emotions and personality. For example, they should be able to make others truly believe that they are the character that they portray.
Research skills are also excellent for any actor to have. These will often come in handy when researching an upcoming role in an audition, such as for a historic character.
Actors should also be able and willing to work hard. Before a production, actors will typically spend long hours studying a script and practicing their lines. Movie an film actor will need to be available to work at nearly any hour of the day in any sort of weather. Some physical stunts are also required as well.
Acting Schools vs. Acting CoachesThe right teacher whether in a class or as a private tutor can make all the difference in fulfilling your dreams to be a Bollywood Star, and can provide valuable contacts and skills that will help along the way.
Acting is a specialized type of performing arts, and it generally requires a great amount of skill. Although some actors are naturally talented, it often takes some type of formal training to get the most out of these talents. Because of this, many aspiring actors choose to attend performing arts or acting schools or hire an acting coach or a mentor.
- They give you a base (a platform) to work from.
- They give you various acting techniques that you can fall back on and recreate time after time in different situations.
- Taking acting classes will enable you to see the other actors work, which in itself is invaluable!
- You will see how other actors overcome some of their own issues while acting and interpreting their roles.
- If you have a good teacher (hopefully) and can give you sufficient time individually, he can give you good, constructive and personal feedback to help you improve your craft.
- They will give you a sense of community (colleagues), so that you know you are not alone in your quest to become an actor.
- They will give you a group of people with whom you can exchange ideas and to whom you can ask questions and share. This group of your co-learners will help you to develop networks and information about the film industry like auditions, director and casting directors
- If you have a good acting teacher who is known and respected in the industry, you could gain (in him/her) an ally who might help promote you, get you auditions or help you work to get seen by the right people!
- A good coach can give you a sufficient amount of time needed for you to learn or fix problems
- A coach can create and give you solid acting techniques, based on your individual emotional, mental and physical built up that you can fall back on and recreate time after time in different situations.
- He can help you to be able to access your emotions and learn methods to control and alter it.
- Can create methods for quick memorization of your lines/ script
- Can help you to see where you need to improve.
- Can give you good, constructive and personal feedback to help you improve your craft..
- He can make you more comfortable while performing.
- The most important- will guide and create a marketing strategy like your website, social networking on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, for you to succeed. Will guide you on how and where to go for making your portfolio and show reel.
- Will design a career plan suited to you and guide you on its implementation
Finally, an acting coach could be economical
DiscussionAlthough, acting schools cannot design a program on an individual basis, and cannot devote hours separately to each student, the success at school will depend on the quality of faculty. The schools are a good source for learning and working in a group with other students with distinct advantages. Secondly, these schools could be a good source for networking and getting information about auditions, castings and industry.
Whereas, with an acting coach, as each individual is different and unique, each aspiring or even experienced male or female actor can learn and develop amazingly well with an individual coaching. A coach is your mentor, and a friend who walks with you to help you to win as it is in case of a sports coach. You can share your problems, worries and fix them without any fear of a crowd around. The coach may understand your psyche and can design a learning program. You may terminate an acting coach contract after the period or may continue seeking his/her guidance for a long period.
- Taking into account that acting school courses may range from a few months to a few years with the fees from Rs 50,000 to 9 Lacks, I would recommend to join an acting school if finances are no problem, can wait for months and have some acting experience.
- However, if you are ignorant about acting craft, do not know about the Bollywood or TV Serial industry, want personal attention with limited finances, then an acting coach is the best choice for you.
Read this comment on this blog on what and how I teach aspiring actors as a private professional coach
(Wait for a few seconds before the page takes you to relevant specific comment)