|Arshad Warsi as struggling actor|
Whether you're an actor, model, dancer, singer, musician, comedian, variety performer, or filmmaker, it's becoming increasingly important to have a video introduction or a demo reel available online to show off your skills.
Are you a beginner or don't have enough with experience with work (footage) for a video (Demo) reel (film) yet? No professional clips to post?
Don't worry; there are a lot of solutions available:
You could hire a service like of cinematographer, director, your acting coach or small production houses in Mumbai to shoot your self-introduction or a monologue.
Or even just borrow a friend’s camera, use your Web cam, or record yourself with the video camera on your phone. The video doesn’t need to be long or complex.
Example of my Video Introduction as a character actor
- Keep it Simple
- Keep it limited to around 2 minutes
- Filming video from a professional source like a cinematographer, a production house for corporate films is preferred, but if you want to save money or have limited financial resources then...
B. Or, just put yourself on tape using any camera you have available. If so then...
4. Make sure the room is quiet (good audio is important!), and ensure that you're nicely lit and framed in the shot.
5. Then say hello, state your name, and say a few words about yourself or your projects. If you'd like, you could also perform a monologue.
6. Then, upload your video to Vimeo or YouTube. (And add your audio clips to SoundCloud.)